We provide a full range of accounting services from business services to taxation advice for all levels of business and individuals.
Our aim is to provide our clients with professional quality service and satisfy the individual needs of all clients on a one on one relationship. That way you can be sure that the person you are talking to actually knows what your tax and accounting needs are.
Are you paying too much tax?
Tax law can be very complex & confusing to most people. At J & M Accountants we take the stress out of tax by giving you advice in an easy to understand way.
We realise that you believe it is our job to look after this for you, so we take the time to explain what is the most tax effective process to suit your requirements.
Our Tax Services:
- Income Tax Return Preparation & Lodgement for:
- Self-managed superannuation funds
- BAS and IAS Preparation and Lodgement
- GST Advice
- Tax Planning
- Capital Gains Tax
- Fringe Benefits Tax
- Payroll Tax and Land Tax
- Rental Properties
- Salary Packaging
Financial reporting is a vital part of any business, large or small. We don’t just prepare financial statements but we also analyse & explain what they mean to your business.
One of the services we are proud of is the cloud accounting service. In recent years more and more businesses have moved their accounting systems to online accounting, Using cloud-based technology allows the business owners to have access to their business accounts and get an up to the minute snapshot of their financial position anywhere and anytime.
We can provide the following:
- Selection of the right accounting system including the cloud accounting provider.
- Preparation of Annual Financial Statements
- Preparation of monthly Management and Interim Financial Accounts to monitor the profitability of your business during the year
- Cash Flow Projections & Profitability Forecasts
- Implementation of time saving record keeping systems to give you more time to run your business
- ATO Industry Benchmark analysis
- Compliance with statutory requirements
Xero is an online accounting software designed for small and growing businesses. As a web-based solution, Xero can be accessed from any device with an active internet connection.
This Award-winning software has been rated number one for Most Satisfied Customers. With its robust accounting features, small businesses can view their cash flow, transactions and account details from any location.
J & M Accountants is a Xero Certified Advisor so no matter if you are an established business or a start-up business, we can assist you with the following:
- Xero set up, including customised chart of accounts, payroll information, Single Touch Payroll set up, invoice branding and bank feeds.
- Conversion of data files from other accounting software to Xero
- Bookkeeping, accounting and generating financial reports
- Software training and Support
Bookkeeping & Payroll
Is your time best spent doing paper work or managing your business? Have you used a bookkeeper before but found them to be unreliable or they made too many mistakes?
Is the payroll process too complicated with varying awards, allowances, penalty rates, leave entitlement and superannuation contributions?
Why not have J & M Accountants do the bookkeeping and payroll for you, that way you can be sure that the work is being prepared as an accountant would like to have it done & that your end of year financial statements can be reliably prepared from the bookkeeping data. Our team is committed to providing complete, accurate, reliable bookkeeping at a very competitive rate.
We realise that every business is different and each has its own requirements, so we can tailor the bookkeeping to suit your individual needs from any or all of the following:
- Regular Bookkeeping
- BAS & IAS Preparation
- Reconciliation of Bank Accounts and Credit Cards
- Reconciliation of GST
- Payroll & Superannuation Compliance
- Wage & Tax Calculations
- Weekly and Monthly P&L, Balance Sheet and Cash Flow Reports
- Accounts Receivable Data Entry & Management
- Accounts Payable Data Entry & Management
- Software set up and Advice (XERO, MYOB & QUICKBOOKS)
Whether starting a new business or running an existing one, we can help advise you on the best structure to suit your needs.
Some of the services we provide include:
- Structure Advice and Company Formation
- Corporate Secretarial
- Business reconstruction
- Business Planning and Budgeting
- Succession Planning
- Sale and purchase of businesses
- Financial Health Check and monitoring business performance
- Asset protection
Self-Managed Superannuation Fund
Superannuation is often the most complex area of tax that clients can encounter. J & M Accountants can assist you to understand how this area can help you to minimise your tax.
Some of the superannuation services we provide are:
- Establishment of Self-Managed Superannuation Funds
- Administration of Funds
- Preparation of Financial Statements
- Lodgement of Tax Returns
- Establishment of Pension Income Streams
- Assistance with Lump Sum Payments
We provide a range of auditing services, including:
- Real Estate Agent Trust Account audit
- Solicitor Trust Account audit
- Insurance Broker Trust Account audit
- Registered Clubs audit
- Strata Plan audit
- Due diligence for buying and selling a business
- Self-Managed Superannuation Fund audit